I feel like we are back in kindergarten and the teacher is constantly reminding us to wash our hands, not touch our face and pick our nose! Those were much simpler times and it was a great start to learn to maintain personal hygiene. Who knew many years later we would be getting told the same thing but now by the CDC (Center for Disease Control). We are in the middle of a world-wide pandemic and this has never been so vital to do and follow.
So as good people we are all doing our best and maintaining the best hygiene we can all possibly achieve. So we are here to share a few techniques that are circling around that can help us be more mindful for our selves and for others.
One of my top favorites was onThe Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon because we can all still use some laughter in our day and because I did learn something new and different from it.
PROPER HAND WASHING TECHNIQUES
Here are Five Steps listed on the CDC website in how to properly wash your hands
Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
FOR THE LITTLE ONES
For any one out there that has little ones and need a fun way to help them remember and make it a good routine, here is a little song that they can learn and sing while washing their little hands. I have attached the link where you can find it on youtube.com.
I hope you found these links helpful! If you have found any other links helpful, feel free to share them with us!