So I was just sitting here scrolling thru my Pinterest feed (don't judge, you know you do that ALL the time) and I came across this recipe and I was sold at Chocolate! Because who doesn't like chocolate, right?! Plus I actually felt like baking, it's usually sis the one who bakes, so I decided why not give it a try.
It was actually very easy and fast, try it and let me know what you think!
Serving: 12 delicious muffins
3 ripe bananas
½ cup Greek yogurt
½ cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
½ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of whole wheat flour (I used almond flour)
½ cup dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips (Or a whole cup if you prefer)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs and combine thoroughly. Then mix together remaining wet ingredients: greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
3. Next, add in dry ingredients:flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and mix until fully incorporated. Add chocolate chips into the mixture.
4. Pour mixture into a greased muffin tin, filling each up about ⅔ full.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffin. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, I know it's hard to wait but trust me its for the best, they are hot!!
I made a few changes to the ingredients listed, which I'm sure you can do as well depending on what your likes are. For example for the choice of milk I used Almond, as well as for the flour. I also added walnuts just to add a little texture to them and of course as for the chocolate chips I took the liberty to add a whole cup, because why not?!